Monday, January 30, 2012

Mother and fetus is Almost Dead As Swine Flu Virus

H1N1 virus (swine flu) did not dangerous H5N1 (bird flu). However, when infected pregnant women the risk is much greater. A mother and her baby almost died because of H1N1 virus infection.

Ryleigh (10 months) who laughed merrily needed the mother, Fallon Devaney (26 years), looks very healthy. But who would have thought, a year ago mother and son had nearly died of swine flu and pneumonia.

On Christmas Eve 2010, Fallon had to spend 11 days in intensive care, including a week in a coma, three months before the little Ryleigh finally see the world.

Fallon and her partner David, are busy preparing for Christmas 2010 and they are not too much attention to the news which contains news about the swine flu epidemic. In fact, pregnant women is one of the most high-risk groups.

Fallon began to feel unwell and showed symptoms of flu. He was taking medication but the symptoms did not improve. He was eventually made an appointment with the doctor.

"At first I thought it was really bad flu. The doctor examined me and said it was due to viral infection and prescribe antibiotics. But he failed to realize the seriousness of the condition. For about a week I continued to feel sick and tired. I fell asleep, persistent cough and difficulty breathing, "recalls Fallon Devaney.

He began dying on December 13, 2010 and immediately taken to the Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, using an ambulance.

"Swine flu is one cause, but I also suffered from pneumonia, causing complications become more complicated. Two of these conditions makes my point, while I struggled to survive. The next thing I knew, I woke up in the hospital and did not believe it December 21, "said Fallon.

Fallon felt very lucky to survive the swine flu because the virus has claimed 18 lives of adults and 9 children in England in the last winter.

"Only a miracle that makes me a speedy recovery," he explained.

Fallon subscribed to the hospital during the following months, because he had to make sure her baby is in good condition.

While at the hospital, she often thinks Fallon is already close to death and lost her baby, because doctors may have to choose to save one of them. He even dream to have lost her baby during an emergency cesarean section.

"When my situation improved, my eyes were very teary when the midwife saw me and let me listen to the heartbeat Ryleigh," he explained.

On March 7, Ryleigh Lawrence Bowle Fallen delivery, weighing 1.7 kg. Ryleigh was born two months early, so small and rapug, he should also wear a tube osigen for the first 24 hours.

"I was also given a steroid injection before he was born to help strengthen his lungs. Three weeks later, on March 29, we are very excited finally welcomed our baby boy a new one. When I feed him, sayamelihat he grew stronger and more strong. Now he's crawling all over the place, "said Fallon.

At the event, Fallon did indeed reject the swine flu vaccine because he thought it could harm the unborn baby. But after the horrific incident, he claimed not to have to think twice about immunizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment